To avoid depression, forget the candy and coffee
In the spring, when everything blooms and smells, so I want to soak up the sun. However, training and other reasons make us most of the time to stay indoors. And a feeling of sadness, so-called spring depression, which, manifest, can escape through " proper " a diet. Our consultant
Oksana Kushnir, Senior Lecturer, Department of Hygiene and Ecology BSMU
- " Spring Blues " - so romantic sometimes called spring depression - said Oksana Kushnir, senior lecturer in health and environmental BSMU
. - The reason for this temporary disorder - lack of ultraviolet, cloudy weather, seasonal lack of vitamins and minerals in our diet. In women, it occurs twice as often than men and usually appears apathy, irritability, worsening of mood, sleepiness, decreased ability to work, sleep disorders, lack of appetite or excessive appetite vice versa.
It is known sho contribute to the development of depression deficiency of vitamins C, B1, B2, B6, B12, folic acid, mineral imbalance, thyroid dysfunction, anemia, hypoglycemia. Therefore, by correcting the diet can try to improve their mood.
Following a balanced diet, we maintain health, which is a positive mood. But we should not get hung up only on food. Spend more time outdoors, interact with nice people, dream, laugh, relax actively, often engaged in favorite business. Best Products antidepressant Chocolate
It contains potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, positively affect the heart and helps fight stress. Only a piece of this noble product makes us happier and the world around - brighter, because it stimulates the production of endorphins, which positively affect the emotional state. Tryptophan, which is found in cocoa beans, stimulates the production of serotonin, which has a slight tonic effect on the nervous system, reduces the manifestations of fatigue. Polyphenolic compounds that are part of cocoa, improve cerebral blood flow and inhibit rust. The most useful is dark chocolate containing 85% cocoa rich in polyphenols. In milk chocolate their content to 30% less. Nutritionists advise to enjoy chocolate treats in the morning, when the maximum rate of metabolism. Grains
Oatmeal - a source of tryptophan, so British tradition to start the day with oatmeal has a specific meaning. Buckwheat - a source of iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc, rutin. Whole grain unpolished rice contains vitamins B1, B2, necessary for normal functioning of the nervous system, and vitamin B6, which is involved in making serotonin. Fish and seafood
Regular consumption of fish dishes helps reduce depression. Along with vitamins A and D omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids increase the body's resistance to adverse environmental factors, including stress. Prepare CCS salmon, sushi with seafood or just buy in a pharmacy cod liver oil - and you will provide your body with these useful vitamins. Those who observe Lent as a source of omega-3 fatty acids may use linseed oil, adding it to cereal and salads. Nuts
contains vitamin E, polyunsaturated fatty acids, magnesium, zinc, iron necessary for normal biological processes in the brain. 5-10 cores nuts enough to satisfy your hunger between meals. Vegetables, fruit
Sources of vitamins C, PP, B1, B6, B12, PP, E, carotenoids, folic acid, thiols, polyphenols. An important influence on human emotions is also the color of these products: red, orange, yellow and green colors (tomatoes, oranges, apples, cabbage) stimulate and blue, indigo, violet (grapes, blackberries, plums, blueberries, eggplant) - quiet. The rules for good mood
- Follow the diet, Eat often (4-6 times a day), but in small portions. Remember that breakfast should be a full lunch - not pidminyuvatys snack and dinner - not too high-calorie and no later than 2-3 hours. to sleep.
- Drink plenty of fluids (1.5-2 l) during the day, because even slight dehydration promotes fatigue and apathy.
- Provide adequate amount of protein in the diet. To do this, eat foods with low-fat meats, poultry, fish, stewed or baked in the form of, eggs, mushrooms, beans, peas, low-fat milk products, soft cheese.
- Minimize the use of alcohol, coffee, strong black tea, sweet fizzy drinks.
- Limit your intake of sweets, pastries, jam. Abuse of simple carbohydrates can cause hypoglycemia. Even minor hypoglycemia has a negative effect on the brain and can cause bad mood, excessive fatigue, weakness, dizziness, increased drowsiness, aggressiveness. When susceptibility to hypoglycemia refuse pastry, cakes, puddings, cakes, sweet desserts, dates, sweets, sugary drinks, bananas, grapes, raisins, figs, ice cream products from malt, apple juice, sugar, polished rice. Les TOKARYUK